Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Election Update

Just a note to let my supporters know that being a write-in candidate is not as simple as writing someone's name on a ballot. I actually have to file to be a write-in candidate. I guess this makes sense if my name is John Smith. So, I have about 16 pages of forms to fill out, including financial disclosures, I even have to open a bank account for my campaign entity, even though I am neither asking for, nor accepting donations. Holy cow! I have to choose a Lt. Governor running mate. Lots more work than one might think at first. But, I am committed to giving Maryland a real choice, so I am going to do all I can to file by the deadline. I will update this space tonight after I have it all figured out, and let my supporters know how its progressing.